Crimes Requiring Sex Offender Registration
Nevada Law requires all individuals that have been convicted of a sex offense after July 1, 1956, to register as a sex offender with the local law enforcement agency in which the offender resides. Per NRS 179D.410, the follow crimes (including an attempt or conspiracy to commit such crimes) are sex offenses which require registration:
- Abuse of a child pursuant to NRS 200.508, if the abuse involved sexual abuse or sexual exploitation.
- Administration of a controlled substance to another person with the intent to enable or assist the commission of a crime of violence pursuant to NRS 200.408, if the crime of violence is an offense listed in this section.
- Administration of a drug to another person with the intent to enable or assist the commission of a felony pursuant to NRS 200.405, if the felony is an offense listed in this section
- Battery with intent to commit sexual assault pursuant to NRS 200.400.
- Indecent or obscene exposure pursuant to NRS 201.220.
- Incest pursuant to NRS 201.180.
- Lewdness with a child pursuant to NRS 201.230.
- Luring a child or mentally ill person pursuant to NRS 201.560, if punished as a felony.
- Murder of the first degree committed in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of sexual assault or of sexual abuse or sexual molestation of a child less than 14 years of age pursuant to paragraph (b) of subsection 1 of NRS 200.030.
- Open or gross lewdness pursuant to NRS 201.210.
- Pornography of a minor pursuant to NRS 200.710 to 200.730, inclusive.
- Sexual assault pursuant to NRS 200.366.
- Sexually motivated offense pursuant to NRS 175.547 or 207.193.
- Sexual penetration of a dead human body pursuant to NRS 201.450.
- Solicitation of a minor to engage in acts constituting the infamous crime against nature pursuant to NRS 201.195.
- Statutory sexual seduction pursuant to NRS 200.368.
- Out of State Offenses - An offense committed in another jurisdiction that, if committed in this State, would be an offense listed in this section must register.